Roughly, 1 in 8 American women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in their lifetime. In 2010 alone, it was estimated that more than 200,000 new, female cases of breast cancer (invasive) would be diagnosed in the United States. Men, unfortunately, are not exempt from the disease. Nearly 2000 men were expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010.
There are a variety of ways in which people can bring awareness to this potentially deadly disease. Buying, wearing and using breast cancer awareness products are amongst the very best ways to do so. Below, we have listed 10 terrific breast cancer awareness products. This obviously isn’t an exhaustive list but it’s a collection of some of the very best items of this type.
1. Breast cancer pins – You’ve likely seen these pink ribbon pins worn by those who support breast cancer awareness. These pins are small and cute and go well with everything. They can be worn to work, while out and about and at breast cancer, specific events.
2. Pink ribbon stickers: Who doesn’t like stickers? They’re small in size but their messages can be powerful. When thinking about stickers, vinyl stickers is the alternative to go, they are more durable and can also be placed outdoors, for instance on car bumpers or windows.
3. Pink ribbon charms: Charms are stylish way to bring attention to breast cancer. They can be placed on both bracelets and necklaces.
4. T-shirts: T-shirts are one of the more popular types of breast cancer awareness products. Today, many of the messages printed on these shirts are extremely creative, fun and even a bit exaggerated at times.
5. Mugs: For avid tea and coffee drinkers, mugs are a great way to silently promote breast cancer awareness.
6. Pink ribbon nail jewels: These are really cool. Pink ribbon nail jewels are decorative, fun and a great way to share the message of breast cancer awareness.
7. Breast cancer awareness terry cloth wristbands: Terrycloth wristbands are great for people who enjoy running or working out. Available in hot-pink and emblazoned with the famous, pink ribbon, these are both cute and functional.
8. Woven mini tote bags: Tote bags get a lot of mileage, ensuring that the message of breast cancer awareness travels as far as the person carrying it does.
9. Breast cancer survivor pink bangle key rings: Key rings are an easy way to bring awareness to breast cancer and its life threatening effects.
10. Hope flags: Place a pink ribbon hope flag outside your home and bring breast cancer awareness to your neighbors and passer-bys. Perhaps they and those they love will be reminded to be proactive about their breast health.
From cell phone accessories to apparel and jewelry, nowadays, the variety of breast cancer awareness products that you can find in the market is huge and it will depend on your personal taste and preferences which one you decide to use to show your support for the cause.